Excellent introduction to Nepal and the Himalayas including spectacular views of peaks like Hiunchuli, Annapurna, Gangapurna and Machhapuchchhre
- Excellent introduction to Nepal and the Himalayas
- Spectacular views of peaks like Hiunchuli, Annapurna, Gangapurna and Machhapuchchhre
- Attractive circuit on eye of Trekkers from around the World
Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day free to explore Kathmandu as you please. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
In the morning after having breakfast, we will be going for the sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu Valley. The Kathmandu Valley is known or its rich art, architecture and culture. The valley has a large number of UNESCO world heritage sites. We will be visiting some of the beautiful Buddhist sites like Boudhanath Stupa and Swoyambhunath Stupa. A visit to Kathmandu Durbar Square and walk on its stone alleys will make you feel like you have travelled centuries back in time. The diverse culture and rich art of the Kathmandu Valley will amaze you in every way. Later in the afternoon, we will begin our preparation for our trekking. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Early morning (around 7 AM) drive by tourist bus to Pokhara through the beautiful countryside and following down steam of Trishuli River.
After breakfast, we will be traveling the zigzag route over the middle hills to Nayapul (trail foot) to meet our porters and begin the trek to Birethanti, a prosperous riverside village on the Modi Khola (which carries the melt water from the Annapurna South Glacier to the Ganges). Walk upstream through terraced paddy fields to Syauli Bazaar, then cross the suspension bridge and ascend, with breathtaking views of Machhapuchhare (Fish tail), Hiunchuli and Annapurna South. Long stone staircases bypass a huge landslide and climb to the beautiful village of Ghandruk with great views of the valley gorge following the next day trail. Overnight stay at Lodge in Ghandruk.
The path heads north of the village on an exposed trail past pastures to a ridge, before descending into a green valley and a suspension bridge over the Kimrong Khola. After lunch, the trail climbs out of the valley through stands of rhododendron and oak forest, winding around the hillsides to Chhomrong: with closer views of the giant peaks above. Overnight stay at Lodge in Chhomrong.
After breakfast, the trail drops to cross the Chhomrong Khola and then ascends to the charming village of Sinuwa. Thereafter, the trail enters the upper Modi Khola Valley through dense forests of cane, rhododendron and oak. It rises and then drops to the village of Bamboo (2,310m) on the banks of the river: a prefect lunch spot. After lunch, we continue to our journey up through uninhabited forest to Dobhan, later crossing several avalanche chutes before reaching the small village of Himalaya Hotel. Overnight stay at Lodge in Himalaya Hotel.
As the altitude increases, forest gives way to alpine scrub and grasses. The valley walls steepen with the river raging far below. Explore the cave at Hinku before crossing a ravine and major avalanche track prior to reaching Deorali (3,230m). Breathtaking views into the sacred Annapurna Sanctuary gradually appear as the trail heads over a ridge and climbs to the Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3,700m). Another two hours slow walk up grassy slopes leads to the Annapurna Base Camp hotels on the Annapurna South glacial moraine: some 3,900m beneath the peaks crowning the surrounding ice walls. Overnight stay at Lodge in ABC.
A pre-dawn wakeup call promises unforgettable views and photo opportunities from the rim of the glacier. A circle of peaks from Hiunchuli, past Annapurna South to the vast ice wall topped by Annapurna I (8,097m) and Khangsar Kang towering above you round, to Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Machhapuchhare. Below, in its U-shaped valley the glacier grinds relentlessly. After breakfast, retrace your steps slowly down to Sinuwa for a more comfortable night. Overnight stay at Lodge in Sinuwa
Today’s route descends to the Chhomrong Khola before climbing the stairs back to Chhomrong. It then descends steeply to Jhinu Danda for lunch and a dip in the hot springs at the river below the village. Later, cross the Modi Khola at New Bridge and climb steeply to Landruk, with good views behind us. Overnight stay at Lodge in Landruk.
The trail continues through scattered trees and bushes to the village of Tolka before beginning a steep and attractive two hours’ ascent to Deurali. This bustling hilltop village looks back towards the high peaks with an extended view of the Annapurnas from Dhaulagiri (8,167m, one of the highest peak in western Nepal) across to its right flank. It also offers scintillating views over the Pokhara Valley and Phewa Lake to the south.
The trail then descends, over slippery red clays when wet, through forests and farmland to Pothana and on down to the large village of Dhampus. A further short downward walk leads to Phedi and the Pokhara-Baglung Highway. A private vehicle will return you to your hotel in Pokhara – and a free afternoon. Overnight stay at star Hotel in Pokhara.
Early drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus as we pass through sub-tropical scenery for about 6-7 hrs. Upon arrival, we will transfer to your hotel. After dinner, interaction and farewell.
At about 3 hours prior to your flight time, we will transfer you to the airport to fly your onward destination.
- All Airport/Hotel transfer
- 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered, helpful and friendly guide including porters (1 porter for 2 people) along with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance cover
- KTM-PKR-KTM by tourist bus.
- First aid (medical) kit
- Trekking Permits fee
- TIMS Fee - (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
- Kathmandu city tours, exclusive of all entry fees, tour guide and private car/van