Everest Panorama Trek is a popular short and scenic holiday in Everest region of Nepal that allows every traveler to get insights into local Sherpa cultures and traditions with an opportunity to view beautiful Himalayan sceneries of world’s highest peak Mt. Everest and neighboring Himalayas like Amadablam, Lhotse, Nuptse and various other beautiful peaks. It is an excellent package to view the mountain vistas; feel the spiritual prosperity of Sherpa community; explore the tiny Himalayan settlements and enjoy the colourful festivals. The trek is a beautiful excursion that goes through the Sagarmatha National Park which is wooded with pine and rhododendron trees. Friends be prepared to see plenty of wild animals and various species of birds.
- Popular short and scenic holiday destination in Everest region of Nepal that allows every traveler to get insights into local Sherpa cultures and traditions
- Opportunity to view beautiful Himalayan sceneries of world’s highest peak Mt. Everest and neighboring Himalayas like Amadablam, Lhotse, Nuptse and various other beautiful peaks.
- Beautiful excursion that goes through the Sagarmatha National Park which is wooded with pine and rhododendron trees
- Be prepared to see plenty of wild animals and various species of birds.
Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day free to explore Kathmandu as you please. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
In the morning after having breakfast, we will be going for the sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu Valley. The Kathmandu Valley is known or its rich art, architecture and culture. The valley has a large number of UNESCO world heritage sites. We will be visiting some of the beautiful Buddhist sites like Boudhanath Stupa and Swoyambhunath Stupa. A visit to Kathmandu Durbar Square and walk on its stone alleys will make you feel like you have travelled centuries back in time. The diverse culture and rich art of the Kathmandu Valley will amaze you in every way. Later in the afternoon, we will begin our preparation for our trekking. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
After breakfast, we will be transferred to the Domestic Airport for the Trans Himalayan flight landing on the hillside at Lukla which is also a gateway to the Everest region. Greeted by our local porters, we will walk downhill to the Sherpa settlement of Cheplung. The trail then follows the side of the Dudh Koshi Valley before ascending to Ghat (2530m). Another gentle hour will eventually lead up to Phakding. Overnight stay in Phakding.
The trail rambles through pine forest passing along Dudh Koshi River, crossing many suspension bridges via the Sherpa villages of Benkar, Chumoa, Monjo and Jorsale: entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park and permit checkpoint, with tranquil views of glistening Thamserku (6,618m). The trail continues along the riverbed to the confluence of the Bhote and Dudh Koshi Rivers. It then climbs steadily, crossing the high Tenzing-Hilary suspension bridge with inspiring glimpses of Everest and the Nuptse-Lhotse ridge. A final three hour ascent through pine forest leads to the prosperous trading and administrative town of Namche Bazaar. Overnight stay at lodge in Namche Bazaar.
This is a scheduled acclimatization day on the trek. Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) and health experts recommend a stop for at least one extra night. Be active and roam rather than laze around: climb high and sleep low is the acclimatization advice.
Namche Bazaar has ATMs, cyber cafes, delicious restaurant food and bakeries with vibrant and colourful market each Friday evening and Saturday morning. Visit the Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park Visitor’s Centre on the hillock: with informative displays on Sherpa culture, local flora and fauna. Take an entertaining side trip to the large traditional Sherpa village of Khumjung (3,780m): with fine views of Thamserku, Kangtega, Ama Dablam and Everest. Return back to lodge for the night.
After breakfast, our trail leads moderately flat with superb view of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam and close up view of Thamserku, Khangtaiga. The trail continues wild lives spot of musk deer (a herd of Himalayan Thar) colorful pheasant (Danphe, National bird) Trail descend to Dudh Koshi river where few lodges and series of picturesque water driven prayer wheels. Cross suspension bridge over Dudh Koshi River a steep climb through pine and juniper forest, walk about 2 hours bring you to Tenboche. The famous Gomba (Tengboche Monastery) with the background of Ama Dablam, Nupte, Mt. Everest and many more peaks. During October/November in full moon the colorful Mani Rimdu festival is held here with masked dancing and Tibetan opera in the monastery courtyard. Overnight in Tengboche.
Trail drops down to Dudh Koshi River and cross the suspension cradle bridge. Trail rise up Sanasa the confluence of Everest Base Camp trek and Gokyo Lake trek. Then follow the wider trail round aside the hill to Namche Bazar. Descend down to National Park check point to lower green valley Jorsalle. Then right up next is final destination Monjo. Overnight in Monjo.
After early breakfast, we will follow our trail down steam of Dudh Koshi river retracing to Phakding. Trail leads to Lukla scaling different Sherpa villages crossing a suspension bridge above Thado Koshi. Last section of the day, about 45 minutes ascend to accomplish entire trek. Overnight stay at lodge in Lukla.
After our breakfast, we take the return scheduled flight back to Kathmandu where we will be transferred to our hotel. For the rest of day we are free to roam around the valley. Overnight stay at hotel in Kathmandu.
At about 3 hours prior to your flight time, we will transfer you to the airport to fly your onward destination.
- All Airport/Hotel transfer
- 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered, helpful and friendly guide including porters (1 porter for 2 people) along with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance cover
- Flight to KTM-LUA-KTM
- First aid (medical) kit
- Trekking Permits fee
- TIMS Fee - (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
- Kathmandu city tours, exclusive of all entry fees, tour guide and private car/van