Gosaikunda trek in Nepal known for its spectacular and breathtaking scenic beauty is one of the best trekking destinations in the world. Though Langtang region is very close to Kathmandu it is still able to preserve the beauty and remoteness it is known for. Without a doubt Gosaikunda is regarded sacred place for shamans including adventure and spiritual seekers.
- Grants opportunity for the trekkers and adventure admirers to explore the land that is very far beyond the time
- Offers perfectly placed terraced slopes, settlement of different ethnic group, rare wild animals and diverse range of flora and fauna.
- Dense forest of rhododendron, oak, bamboo and beautiful settlement of Tamang and Sherpa
- Panoramic Mountain View leading one to the divine lake of Gosaikunda and alpine yak pasture
Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day free to explore Kathmandu as you please. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
In the morning after having breakfast, we will be going for the sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu Valley. The Kathmandu Valley is known or its rich art, architecture and culture. The valley has a large number of UNESCO world heritage sites. We will be visiting some of the beautiful Buddhist sites like Boudhanath Stupa and Swoyambhunath Stupa. A visit to Kathmandu Durbar Square and walk on its stone alleys will make you feel like you have travelled centuries back in time. The diverse culture and rich art of the Kathmandu Valley will amaze you in every way. Later in the afternoon, we will begin our preparation for our trekking. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
We will be driving to Dhunche with an elevation of 2030 metres which is around 7hrs drive from Kathmandu. The road is winding, mostly unpaved, and on high mountains. We will be driving through scenic foothills and Ridgeline landscape. While passing along the road on the bank of Trishuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills. We will be stopping by for the night in a local guest house.
Early in the morning after breakfast trail slightly goes Pairo and leads you to Thulo Syabru (2,260m). Thulo Syabru is a beautiful Sherpa and Tamang village from where you can observe the miraculous vista of Langtang Himal and Ganesh Himal and overnight here.
Morning breakfast in Thulo Syabru village the trail slightly goes uphill through beautiful rhododendron, Bamboo and pine trees. Along the trail you will past several mountains village to reach Chandan Bari Sing Gompa and visit cheese factory in the Langtang region of Nepal, where you will overnight today.
After morning breakfast in Sing Gompa the trail slightly goes uphill to Gosaikunda via Lauribinayek. Along the trails past rhododendron and pine forest trees and vista of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, and Manaslu range, Hiunchuli and Tibetan peak is high lights of the adventure, you trek towards Gosaikunda (4,361m) and overnight here.
The trail leads to the northern side of Gosaikunda Lake, crosses a moraine, passing three more small lakes; you will reach Lauribina Pass (4610m). The trail descends to a National Park Post at Bhera Goth (4240m) and to Phedi (3740m). From Phedi the route drops and climbs through scrub bamboo to Dhupichaur (3630m) and descends finally to Ghopte.
Trek continues up ravines and across the boulders of old moraines below the wreckage of a Thai Airlines plane that crashed here in bad weather in 1992. Make a final ascent to Tharepati from here you will be at a junction of two routes, if you wish to visit the Helambu region then you can take another way via Tarkejhyang and Shermathang to reach Melamchi Pul Bazar and finally drive to Kathmandu. From Tharepati the trail precedes passing through forests, to Magen Goth (3420m) and to Panghu. The trail descends through fir and rhododendron forest observing the view of beautiful and glittering peaks on its way to Kutumsang (2450m). Kutumsang is a typical Helambu village, outside the forest line, with terraces, crops and rice fields.
The trail goes down all the way to Chisapani through the lush green forest of oak and rhododendron passing through the village of Gul Bhanjyang, Thontundanda and Chipling. Chisapani is an amazing hill station popularly known for spectacular sunrise view and fresh natural habitat. Overnight stay at Chisapani.
After breakfast, we make about 4 hours downhill trek to Sundarijal. Along the dense forest of Shivapuri national park, we enjoy the gorgeous scenic beauty of nature. On arrival in Sundarijal, drive back to Kathmandu and shift to your hotel. Overnight stay in the hotel.
At about 3 hours prior to your flight time, we will transfer you to the airport to fly your onward destination.
- All Airport/Hotel transfer
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered, helpful and friendly guide including porters (1 porter for 2 people) along with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance cover
- KTM-Dhunche-KTM by tourist bus.
- First aid (medical) kit
- Trekking Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
- Kathmandu city tours, exclusive of all entry fees, tour guide and private car/van