The Helambhu trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambhu region remains relatively less explored. Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an enthralling experience.
- Perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley
- Relatively un-spoilt region
- Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the company of rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu
- The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an enthralling experience.
Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day free to explore Kathmandu as you please. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
In the morning after having breakfast, we will be going for the sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu Valley. The Kathmandu Valley is known or its rich art, architecture and culture. The valley has a large number of UNESCO world heritage sites. We will be visiting some of the beautiful Buddhist sites like Boudhanath Stupa and Swoyambhunath Stupa. A visit to Kathmandu Durbar Square and walk on its stone alleys will make you feel like you have travelled centuries back in time. The diverse culture and rich art of the Kathmandu Valley will amaze you in every way. Later in the afternoon, we will begin our preparation for our trekking. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
After having early breakfast, we drive to Sundarijal (1350m) by private vehicle as it takes around five hours to get Chisapani (2300m.). The trail will enter through the Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. The first settlement we will come across is Mulkharka with Tamang habitants. The route heads down the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisapani (2300m.). Overnight stay at guesthouse/tented camp.
After taking our morning breakfast, we head for a journey to Kutumsang. Our today’s trek starts with a decent crossing meadows and fields. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Langtang mountains. Thus we arrive at Pathi Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang. From Gul Bhanjyang, the trail climbs the ridge to another pass. Another downhill trek from the pass takes us to Kutumsang. Overnight stay at guesthouse/tented camp.
We climb above Kutumsang on a steep trail mostly through fir and rhododendron forest where there are no permanent settlements. The trek continues to Yurin Danda with magnificent views of the Himalayas. Finally, we arrive at Tharepati for our overnight stay.
This day we will be heading for Tarkeghyang. During early part of the trek, the trail descends until we cross the Melamchi River. Then, we trek up to Tarkeghyang passing through Sherpa settlements. Enjoy the Himalayan peaks which often appear before us glistening in the sunshine. Discover the village and its monastery which is one of the oldest and biggest monasteries in the region. The village is more popularly known as Helambu, since most of the inhabitants belong to the Hyolmo caste.
This day the trail is bit easy through flat surface with beautiful forests. We continue trekking by crossing some small streams. To add the joy, Shermathang is another attractive Sherpa village where we can visit many ancient monasteries.
On our final day of the trek, we walk down to Malamchi Pul Bazaar. This small town is mostly inhabited by the Sherpa, but there are also people of other ethnicities. Overnight stay at hotel around the region.
From the Bazaar, we catch a bus to Katmandu. After reaching Kathmandu we have the rest of the day off to rest or do some souvenir shopping. To celebrate the successful completion of our journey, we will have a farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
At about 3 hours prior to your flight time, we will transfer you to the airport to fly your onward destination.
- All Airport/Hotel transfer
- 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered, helpful and friendly guide including porters (1 porter for 2 people) along with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance cover
- Tourist or Local bus.
- First aid (medical) kit
- Trekking Permits fee
- TIMS Fee - (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
- Kathmandu city tours, exclusive of all entry fees, tour guide and private car/van