Solitary trails complete with verdant forests, interesting villages, valleys, terraced farms, dazzling rivers along with spectacular view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre and Manaslu range.
- Quite relatively new route, officially started in 2012
- Best destination for those who wants to avoid the crowd
- Beautiful round trip so that we don’t have to backtrack over the same terrain.
Our Airport representatives will receive you at the airport. We will then transfer you to your respective hotels. You will have the rest of the day free to explore Kathmandu as you please. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
In the morning after having breakfast, we will be going for the sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu Valley. The Kathmandu Valley is known or its rich art, architecture and culture. The valley has a large number of UNESCO world heritage sites. We will be visiting some of the beautiful Buddhist sites like Boudhanath Stupa and Swoyambhunath Stupa. A visit to Kathmandu Durbar Square and walk on its stone alleys will make you feel like you have travelled centuries back in time. The diverse culture and rich art of the Kathmandu Valley will amaze you in every way. Later in the afternoon, we will begin our preparation for our trekking. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu
Early morning (around 7 AM) drive by tourist bus to Pokhara through the beautiful countryside and following down steam of Trishuli River.
We drive to the trailhead, the route from Kande is a good one and very few trekkers choose to start the trek from here. The trail is good, first slowly up, then a bit steeper to Australian Camp (2060m,around one hour), then after an early lunch slightly downhill to Pothana (1950m) and the ACAP/TIMS checkpoint, then up again to Deurali (2100m). Overnight stay at Lodge in Deurali.
From Deurali, the trail passes through the jungle, rising and falling we reach towards the top of a ridge. There is a section just over half way where the trail drops steeply and then slowly gains height and then back onto the ridge and into Forest Camp (2600m) after about 6-7 hours trekking. Overnight stay at Forest Camp.
The trail is initially quite steep leaving Forest Camp but soon gets less steep as we again have to get upon the ridge. Forest Camp to Low Camp is only a short day trekking through more jungle with occasional glimpses of Annapurna South before getting into Low Camp (2970m) after around 3 hours. Overnight stay at Low Camp.
The trail leaves Low Camp again in jungle, but the trees soon start to get smaller and after about one hour, trekking broke out of the jungle and onto the open ridge with spectacular views of Machhapuchhre ahead and Annapurna South to ours left. The trail then swiftly moves along the ridge and after about 3 hours trekking we arrived at High Camp (3540m). Overnight stay at Lodge.
It is possible to continue trekking along the ridge for another 4 to 5 hours to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4500m) and return to High Camp in around 4 hours. This makes a long day but there is also a viewpoint about half way. Overnight stay at Lodge.
This day, we trek down to Sidhing which takes around 5-6 hours trekking. Overnight at Lodge in Sidhing Village.
From Sidhing, we walk out to the road headed towards Lumle. On the way from Sidhing, we will pass the community villages of Kalimati and Ghalel. At Lumre, we will meet private vehicles organized by DMT Adventure in advance to drive us back to Pokhara.
Early drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus as we pass through sub-tropical scenery for about 6-7 hrs. Upon arrival, we will transfer to your hotel. After dinner, interaction and farewell.
At about 3 hours prior to your flight time, we will transfer you to the airport to fly your onward destination.
- All Airport/Hotel transfer
- 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- An experienced English-speaking Govt. registered, helpful and friendly guide including porters (1 porter for 2 people) along with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance cover
- KTM-PKR-KTM by tourist bus.
- First aid (medical) kit
- Trekking Permits fee
- TIMS Fee - (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry
- Personal trekking equipments
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
- Kathmandu city tours, exclusive of all entry fees, tour guide and private car/van